Madhuri Dixit Nene a name chanted by plenty, adored by many, and never unforgotten by a million. She made her breakthrough in Bollywood with her iconic song Ek Do Teen from Tezaab, and spell bounded us by her alluring beauty. Her infectious smile made our hearts go Dhak Dhak. The diva managed to captivate the hearts of every Bollywood fanatic with her graceful moves.
As the gorgeous starlet celebrates her birthday today, let's look at some interesting facts about the actress.
1. Madhuri won a Kathak scholarship when she was just nine years old.
2. Her name first appeared in the local newspaper when she was barely 7-8 years old for her performance at the Guru Purnima celebration.
3. MF Hussain was astounded by Madhuri's beauty. He watched Hum Aapke Hai Kon 67 times. The artist even booked an entire Theater to watch her comeback film Aaja Nachle. Madhuri was MF Hussain's muse. He cast her in his first directorial venture Gaja Gamini (2000), opposite Shah Rukh Khan.
4. Madhuri, in her prime, was one of the highest-paid actresses of Bollywood. She got paid more than her co-actor Salman Khan in the film Hum Aapke Hain Koun.
5. Before marking her career in Bollywood, Madhuri was on her way to become a microbiologist, but destiny had some other plans in store for her.
6. She wore an attire that weighed 30 kgs for the song Maar Daala in Devdas.
7. She was named the Goodwill Ambassador Advocate for Child and Equal Woman's Rights in 2014.
8. The diva has a star named after her in the Orion constellation.
9. She had launched her own virtual dance academy.